...because there is a little country living in all of us



Sunday, September 18, 2011

Flea Market Finds...a Vintage Upholstery Factory Cart and Wooden Ironing Board

Good day, how are you all doing?  As promised I will show you some of my flea market finds!  I had a wonderful Labor Day at Burley Park and an overnight stay at the family cottage up at Torch Lake.  I picked up several wonderful treasures at Burley Park and I would love to show you a few.  The best find of the day, a vintage upholstery factory cart.  I snagged this from Diane Passi.  She is my favorite and specializes in vintage industrial.  She really has an eye and her space is always so adorable.  I never know what to pick, I want to take it all home with me!  She sells at several flea markets, including Kane County St. in Charles, Illinois. , Allegan Antique Market, Michigan, and Antiques at the Fairgrounds Petoskey, Michigan.







This wonderful upholstery cart is on casters and I think it will look great on my new deck with flower pots or inside displaying stacks of vintage linens!





All these gorgeous roses and flowers were given to me by my friend.  They were left over from her beautiful daughter's wedding.  She had ordered over 500 hundred roses for the special day...Oh, and they all smelled so good!  





Like I said, Diane is a talented antique seller.  Here are a few more of her items for sale...










{all photos courtesy of Diane Passi}

To see more check her out on Facebook...click *Here* to view

Another wonderful treasure I picked up Labor Day weekend came from one of my favorite stops, the Elk Rapids Antique Mall.  Sadly, I found out that they closed their doors, September 10.  Good thing, I popped in before then to say good-bye!  Upon one final peek around, I spotted this antique, wooden ironing board.  I have never seen any like it before and I knew I had to take it home with me!



 





I have already put this fabulous piece to work up in my guest room to display stacks of vintage grain sacks.  It works great getting them up off the floor.






I love the texture of these old, antique German grain sacks with all their patches and signs of use.


 



I catch them all in an old French market basket that I found at Great Stuff by Paul.









I also found this cute, little store display at the antiques mall.  I love the green color.  I find myself drawn to anything in green and aqua paint.



I am not sure where to put it yet...maybe next to my potting bench to display vintage watering cans, or inside for books, magazines.  What do you think?  Any ideas for me?






Well, there you have it!  A couple of my flea market finds.  I can't wait to show the rest soon!  I am sorry that my posts are so few and far between.  I will try to post more often.  Thank-you so much again for checking in.

I hope you all have a great weekend,



Maria ~Rusty Hinge


8 comments:

  1. LOVE your finds! xo Rachel

    www.shabbyfrenchforme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Rachel! I love going out to flea markets and antique stores to find that one thing that you didn't even know you were looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria,

    what a beautiful post. I love love love both items. But I may even be more enamored with your enamelware pitchers! I am going to thank Rachel for the intro. Adding you to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT BLOG PICS!!! I too have been "Shopping Diane's Finds" for years... Diane has such an eye for display... Your blog is lovely and I'll be following along!*!*!
    Jeanine Burkhardt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man...those are some great finds...and I'm loving your stacks of grain sacks, they look so beautiful all stacked like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria - Beautiful garden pics among your garden photos! I noticed that you have rolls of grain sack material. Do you make pillows or reupholster using that, or do you just enjoy collecting it? LUV seeing piles of it! Totally delicious! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love looking back at our favorite vintage posts for the year. Your thumbnail photo really caught my eye as I am a collector of enamelware. The Spring colors are lovely and so uplifting. I'm your newest follower and I hope someday you will visit SoulDelights too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous finds and wonderful pictures!

    Thank you for for sharing at Potpourri Friday. I wish you a healthy, prosperous and sparkling New Year!

    I have become a friend and follower and hope yu will too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you and appreciate all of your comments. It's a treat to read each one!
Love,
Maria